Rubber Dub-Dub - POSSIBLE BLOCKAGE OF UNDO FUNCTION
The Rubber Dub-Dub program is installed to the folder "Program Files (x86)" on your hard drive.
However, if the program is run from this location, the "Undo" function fails because Windows 8
apparently does not allow its temporary files to be saved in the same folder.
The solution is irksome, but simple:
1. Remove all icons created by the installation (e.g. on your desktop).
2. Copy the entire "Rubber Dub-Dub" folder and its contents to another location on your hard
drive (outside the "Program Files (x86)" folder).
3. Set up an icon on your desktop which points to the new location of the program.
Rubber Dub-Dub - CONTROL PANEL LAYOUT PROBLEM
The control panel shown on the left is displayed correctly. However, layout changes between
Windows XP and Windows 8 might cause it to be shown incorrectly as in the image on the right:
To correct the layout, you can do the following:
1. Right-click on the desktop and choose "Screen resolution".
2. Choose "Magnify or reduce text and other items".
3. Choose "Alter text size only" (at the bottom).
On my machine I set the title bars to size 9, the menus to size 7, and the palette titles to size 9.
This will, of course, change the display of text in all your programs, not just that of RDD.
But you can fairly easily change the sizes back again if you feel you need to.